Oily Skin Tips and Tricks
Oily Skin is classified as a skin type and not a condition, you can learn more about this in our previous post here. If you have oily skin you will to some degree always have oily skin.
- Less likely to display fine lines & wrinkles
- Use smaller amounts of skincare
- More resistant to sun damage
- The oil keeps your skin hydrated
- Don't have to work too hard for that "glow"
- Excess sebum can lead to breakouts
- Pores can be stretched out
- Blackheads can be excessive
- Can't be lax in your routine, no skipping a wash
Tip From a Pro - Your Pores are not too large, no one can really see them; Don't stress about it!
Simple Dos & Don'ts
- You still need a moisturizer, don't shy away from them; just find the right one
- The oil is your friend, don't strip it all away.
- Use Acids that are oil-soluble, as they can break through the oil wall. Look for Mandelic Salicylic
- Try a cleansing milk, not a striping foam
- The skin should not feel squeaky clean, this means you've stripped too much off
- Everyone's routine is different and nothing is one size fits all, reach out to a pro for help if you are confused or have questions
- Use a toner in your routine to reset that balance
- Keep blotting papers in your bag for a quick fix
- Stop into La Crème (or check out or newsletter) for some tips on how to manage your oily skin
- Getting a Visia scan will help us understand more about your ski and how to lessen the oil production on your skin
- DON'T try everything you read on the internet....Almonds are NOT a good skin exfoliant!! You can trust us on that one
Sign up for our newsletter (scroll to the bottom of this page) to get more skin tips weekly!